Website Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “We” “Us” and “Our” refers to A Life Untold on the website https://www.alifeuntold.com/ “Your” refers to the user of the website.
Your access to and use of all information on this website is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and Your use of the website following any amendments will represent Your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time You access Our website You read these terms and conditions.
Our Website Services
- Our services are provided to adults. By proceeding through Our website, You acknowledge that You are at least the age of majority in accordance with your state or province of residence.
- We reserve our right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We help people write and print their life stories into hardcover books. We collect personal information provided by You via our online interview. We also collect photos via our upload system to be included in the book. Once all information is provided, We combine the information into a professionally designed book which then is printed and delivered as instructed by You. We also provide You with a digital e-book copy via email.
- We may, from time to time, provide You with spelling and grammar check services. Also, We may provide with general editing services to help the syntaxis of the history You are trying to present. However, we do not offer Publisher services and do not provide fact checking services. The content of the book is at Your full control and responsibility.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to Your computer for Your personal use only provided that You do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trademark or other proprietary notice. Your use of Our content in any other way infringes Our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), You are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without Our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on Our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit You to metatag or mirror Our website without Our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve You with notice if We become aware of Your metatag or mirroring of Our website.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and We take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on Our website to another website does not imply Our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- Linking Our website is not permitted. We reserve the right to serve You with notice if We become aware of such linking.
- If your business wishes to link to our Website then a request in writing is required and we reserve the right to refuse such linking.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright to all content on this website including graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to Us or We have a licence to use those materials.
- All trademarks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by Us or We have a licence to use them. Your access to Our website does not license You to use those marks in any commercial way without Our prior written permission.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which You provide to Us through this website becomes Our property. If in future We use Your Comments in promoting Our website or in any other way, We will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, You agree that We are entitled to use Your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to You or to any other person who has transmitted Your Comments. Your comments and reviews may be removed by Us at Our discretion.
- If You provide Us with Comments or a Rating, You acknowledge and warrant that You are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, honesty, originality and copyright.
- We reserve the right to check your comments/rating at any time.
- If You provide us with a rating that requires checking with you personally you have, through use of our website, agreed that we may contact you via phone, email or social media messaging.
- At any time, We may remove a comment or rating from our website if that rating or comment cannot be validated.
- Whilst We take all due care in providing Our services, We do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that Our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however We are not responsible for any damage to Your computer system which arises in connection with Your use of Our website or any linked website.
Limitation of Liability
- If You are not a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the Competition & Consumer Act 2010 then this clause applies to You. If You are a consumer within the meaning of the C&C Act then this clause has no effect whatsoever to in any way limit Our liability or Your rights. If You are not a consumer: –
a. To the full extent permitted by law, Our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
b. We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by You arising from services We have supplied.
c. We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
d. We do not participate in any way in original transactions between Our users.
- By accessing Our website, You agree to indemnify and hold Us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with Your use of Our website.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in New South Wales and You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary, the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We undertake to take all due care with any information which You may provide to Us when accessing Our website. However, We do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which You may provide to Us. Information You transmit to Us is entirely at Your own risk although We undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this agreement depends on the Personal Data we collect and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may process your Personal Data because:
a. We need to perform a contract with you
b. You have given us permission to do so
c. The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
d. To comply with the law
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
- If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
- In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
a. The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
b. The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
d. The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
e. The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
f. The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
This policy is used to inform visitors to our website regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information Collection and Use
The website does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the website we collect data and information (through third party products) on your device called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the website when utilising our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the website may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related development and upgrade; or
- To assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties may have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. In the case we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to undertake the necessary actions.
2 simple steps, a lifetime of stories.
Record a loved one’s life story in a beautifully printed book. A truly meaningful gift for anyone special in your life.